Athletic Team Sales
- Assist athletic clubs, schools and organizations with worry free procurement of uniforms, apparel and sporting goods in order to enhance the value of their program.
- Provide our customers with superior service while building and maintaining lasting relationships .
- Maintain existing relationships with key accounts (high schools, youth leagues, sports associations) within the territory to ensure customer retention.
- Initiate sales calls, attend meetings/events, respond to customers’ inquiries/needs.
- Prospect and establish new accounts in the territory through pro-active prospecting, planning and outreach.
- Develop clear and concise messages to communicate to potential customers.
- Visit local sporting events, athletic fields, schools and tournaments to prospect accounts and build relationships.
- Support store management teams and processes for order management and inventory control.
- Bachelor’s Degree – Marketing, Management, Communications, Sports Management
Skills / Requirements
- Minimum 2-5 years of successful experience in a competitive sales environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication and selling abilities
- Goal oriented with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Ability to accurately maintain accounting of sales and goals
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work well with minimal supervision
- Able to maintain a flexible schedule with good time management skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Visibility requires maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive company image to the public
- Work requires significant local travel to current and potential clients, so the possession of a valid state drivers license, current auto-insurance and a reliable vehicle is required
- Coaching or participation in competitive sports related background is helpful and preferred
- Having an existing client base, or “Book” is also highly preferred